SALE PENDING: 9757 State Rt 812 CROGHAN, NY 13327
mls# S1207360 $175,000 NEW PICTURES!
Looking for someone to save our history! Croghan's most prominent landmark is looking for a new owner! Known as "The Basselin House",This mansion is abounding with character and the walls hold a tremendous amount of our Village's history within them!7 bed 3 bath(1 currently disabled) and 2 kitchens!Pics are date stamped to prove authenticity. Lewis County IDA is searching for grants to help a new buyer with the repairs needed. 99% of the repair needed is exterior. Also included in this parcel is a rental that brings in $400 per month. Estimates for repairs are available by local reputable contractor. Not a museum for touring. Ready, willing and able buyers only.Owner occupied.
- Second kitchen with a maid's stairway leading to the upstairs
- Butler's pantry
- Leaded glass in the solarium
- All bedrooms have adjoining doors, but also have private entrances.
- Closets closets closets, lots of closets
- Huge wine cellar
- Partially fenced yard
- 2 electric services
- natural gas heat
- municipal water and sewer
- 1.3 acres of land
- Barn that will fit at least 2 cars deep, as well ample extra storage room
- 2 bed 1 bath tenant house currently brings in $400/month. Tenant pays oil heat and electric
- Tenant house was once the bank...one room is actually a vault with 12" thick concrete walls.
- both houses on one tax parcel
- County tax $2700
- School tax $2900
- Village tax $726
- Sewer $740
- Water $354
- Electric main house for April,May, June avg $70
- Electric tenant house avg $53. Higher in winter, current tenant supplements oil with electric space heater.