FOR SALE: 9757 State Rt 812 CROGHAN, NY 13327
mls# S1207360 $175,000
Looking for someone to save our history! Croghan's most prominent landmark is looking for a new owner! Known as "The Basselin House",This mansion is abounding with character and the walls hold a tremendous amount of our Village's history within them!7 bed 3 bath(1 currently disabled) and 2 kitchens!Pics are date stamped to prove authenticity. Lewis County IDA is searching for grants to help a new buyer with the repairs needed. 99% of the repair needed is exterior. Also included in this parcel is a rental that brings in $400 per month. Tenant is willing to stay if possible. (No room for pics,they will be on my website) Estimates for repairs are available by local reputable contractor. Not a museum for touring. Ready, willing and able buyers only.Owner occupied.
Immediate repairs needed are the roof, and porch stabilization. The roof issue is not necessarily at the hands of the current owner. The roof has been piecemealed for YEARS, and only done a section at a time. It's time the whole thing comes off, a couple rafters replaced, and new sheathing and new shingles. 20 years ago, it probably would have needed the same repair. The only immediate repair on the interior is in the solarium, which has suffered due to the roof leek, and has some plaster falling at the ceiling. There is also some ceiling damage in one of the upstairs bathrooms. Neither of those issues keep this house from being move-in ready. Foundation of this home has been deemed as sound! Interior walls and floors in great condition. Original hardwood floors throughout, with only a couple of the rooms carpeted over. Vinyl in the kitchen and bathrooms with the exception of the master bath which is ceramic of some sort. The master bathroom was in the midst of a remodel but never finished. Tub and sink are gone. Some wall tiles missing but there is a box of extras in the basement! Additional info:
- Second kitchen with a maid's stairway leading to the upstairs
- Butler's pantry
- Leaded glass in the solarium
- All bedrooms have adjoining doors, but also have private entrances.
- Closets closets closets, lots of closets
- Huge wine cellar
- Partially fenced yard
- 2 electric services
- natural gas heat
- municipal water and sewer
- 1.3 acres of land
- Barn that will fit at least 2 cars deep, as well ample extra storage room
- 2 bed 1 bath tenant house currently brings in $400/month. Tenant pays oil heat and electric
- Tenant house was once the bank...one room is actually a vault with 12" thick concrete walls.
- both houses on one tax parcel
- County tax $2700
- School tax $2900
- Village tax $726
- Sewer $740
- Water $354
- Electric main house for April,May, June avg $70
- Electric tenant house avg $53. Higher in winter, current tenant supplements oil with electric space heater.